The Things Industries and Microchip developed a security solution for LoRaWAN that enables secure key provisioning and secure cryptographic operations using secure elements.
This guide helps device makers to claim secure elements on The Things Industries Join Server.
- ATECC608A-TNGLORA secure elements. Product details
- Device security (manifest) file. You can obtain this from your Microchip Direct order history
- Access to The Things Industries Cloud Hosted. Contact The Things Industries to get onboarded
- An application in The Things Industries Cloud Hosted. See instructions
- Your The Things Industries Join Server address. See Join Server addresses
Go to the Console of The Things Industries Join Server (prerequisite 5):
- Go to the Applications and select the application from prerequisite #4
- Click Import Devices
- As Format, select Microchip ATECC608A-TNGLORA Manifest File
- Click Select a file and open your manifest file (prerequisite 2)
- If you want to make your device available for claiming by other users, check Set claim authentication code
- Click Create Devices
Your secure elements are now claimed in your application. The secure elements cannot be claimed by anyone else until you delete the devices.
Claiming the secure elements only creates devices on the Join Server: they are not registered on a Network Server or Application Server yet. You first need to register them on a Network Server and Application Server before you can activate the devices.